Thursday, February 27, 2014

Community

I am watching 'Community.' 
I've never seen the show before.
But today was a little long.
And we haven't had TV for a few years until we recently purchased an antenna. 
So I decided to kick back and not worry.
Because I had another abruption.

Tonight is the third night of kids, dinner, clean up, naps, and bedtime flying solo.
Unfortunately, tonight was the night I snapped...a bit. 

S has had a diaper rash for almost 5 months now that won't quit. 
In fact, it is SO BAD we go through 1-2 FULL TUBES of Desitin a week. 
Mr. Spin, in an effort to save money, bought cheaper diapers and wet wipes.
Today was the second week on the diapers and the third day on the wipes.
They are awful. 
The rash is worse, partially because of the rub of the diapers and the wipes don't wipe so they require extra wiping (ouch!).
After calling in a refill I sat waiting, patiently for the office to call.
Finally I called back at 5:58 PM desperate.
The office called back with a refill. 
HALLELUJAH!

So I threw the kids in the car and headed to Costco for better diapers and wipes.
I was DONE with the low quality stuff.

Of course, the car was on empty. 
So on the way home from Costco we made it to the gas station and by made it, I mean I passed up other stations that were deserted and scary looking praying we'd make it back to our local area, which we did.
Whew.

Then had to pick up the Rx at the pharmecy.

At this point, I'm thinking I need See's candy. 
Too bad it's 6:30, about the time I said I'd put the kids to bed.
We went to the mall anyway.

1, 1 lb box of soft centers and a free sample later...
We went to the play area for a few minutes which of course was cut short because D had to go potty.
So we left for the car.

And walking to the car...I felt the abruption.
And then again getting out of car.

When we got home I grabbed a few diapers and the Rx while D carried the maple syrup (organic and pure!) and the See's chocolates to the house as he was doing the happy pee dance.
So he had to hit the bathroom first, while I handled S and his diaper issue...
during which I was summoned to the bathroom for 'wwwiiippppeee!' time.
Heh heh...oh well.

During this I managed to NOT fall apart on the kids, whether via anger or desperation tears.
Finally, a victory!

Parks and Recs is on and I still have that 1 lb box of chocolate soft centers.
Mr. Spin should be home soon.
Not worrying.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment