Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Could Write A Novel...And It Would Be A Comedy

It seems like when I try and start blogging I just talk myself out of it almost immediately.
I'm not a foodie.

There are tons of blogs out there...so what purpose would it serve to just throw out more white noise?
But then, ultimately, life takes an insane turn for my family and I think, "DANG IT! Could you imagine how juicy this story would be had I kept up a constant blog?!"
And then I'm back at it.

I think my biggest issue with blogging is the time.
Time that I don't have to think creatively.
Time that is required to author entries that are mentally stimulating, that read and translate well, and are entertaining.
Entertaining is key for me.
I'd rather re-read my own work that makes me laugh then re-read my own work that's heavy and serious and just...blah.
And it's my own work
Pretty sad. LOL

But now I have tons of time!
Well, not tons, but more than I did a few weeks ago.
The difference?
I am now confined to a hospital room.
For eternity.
Or the next 9-10 weeks, whichever comes first. 
(And I've been here for two weeks already. Yea, I look super hot right now.)

Oh yes, life has gotten very interesting, very quickly.

So, amidst the lab tests, NST's, meal times, supervised showers, site changes, sunshine therapy, and visits from the chaplain, caseworker, NICU, nurse practitioner, nurse office manager, my doctor and her associates plus the fellows and residents, and my friends and family (who bring me brownies, movies, nail supplies, farmer's market fruit, meals, reading material, and so on...)
you'll be hearing from me.

Quote for the Day:
"If I choose you over sleep
you must be very special."

No comments:

Post a Comment