Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Boat Load of Cheese.

Hmmm....where to begin....?

Guess I'll start with the 'I didn't miscarry but was back in the ER again yesterday' statement. 

Apparently women can bleed a lot during pregnancy and while not ideal it's common enough to not be too concerned about. I didn't find this out until a week after my "miscarriage" and I was still vomiting every darn stinking morning waiting for the hormones to calm down. The doctor pulled me in for an ultrasound and there's the little stinker, waving at the screen. 

"THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE."
First words, no lie. 
lol

Anyway, we figured things would slow down...and then Monday night came and I starting cramping a LOT. 
And then bleeding.
Bah.
I called the on call physician, explained the history, and was advised to not wait 6 hours in the ER for a sound peace of mind and to just call the office in the morning. 
Agreed.
Mind you I was home alone. 
Granny was back in the hospital, family unreachable and Mr. Spin was in class finishing out his 12 hour day.

So the next morning I called the office.
"No doctors are in. Go to labor and delivery for follow up" they said.
"Can't I wait 15 minutes for a doctor to get into the office to speak with?"
"No." They said. "We don't take walk-in's," they said. "We refer to labor and delivery," they said.
K, fine.

Went to labor and delivery.
They sent me to the ER. 
Curses!

5 hours later...
The amniotic membrane has not fused thus making me more partial to a miscarriage. 
Nothing can be done.
(PS: Ultrasound tech said it's looking like a boy.)

Called the office to follow up...
"You went to the ER or L&D?"
"You sent me to L&D and they immediately moved me to the ER."
"Oh..."
Bah.

Mr. Spin is my hero. 
Yesterday was the cruddiest work day of his life which happened after shuffling the kids between care-takers as I was moving slowly through the ER. 
That work comment is not a spin. 
I don't think he's ever felt so dejected and undervalued. 
It was an eye opening situation and I'm hoping some good and some change come from it.
If not, we'll move on anyway.
We always do.

Funny thought:
A few weeks ago I took my oldest (D) around with me while trying to find the different over the counter meds to battle my morning sickness. (It's very difficult to find B12 in anything less than 100 mg, holy cow!). As we were driving around I was hit with intensely painful gas pains- like the kind where you can't breathe your chest hurts so badly. 
We parked and got out of the car and I had to just stop there in the parking lot- I was trying so hard to burp or do something to alleviate the pain. That's when my four year old put his arms around me to hug me. As I was beginning to belch he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, don't throw up on me, okay?"

Best quote of his life right there.

Another awesome moment:
Last night I was bathing the kiddo's together and the oldest can be a bit of a stinker sometimes. He means well but dang, give the little baby some space, please! Anyway, D is sitting in the tub by the spout and the youngest  is standing up, playing with some toys behind him. 
All of the sudden the baby starts going number #1 on my oldest (just for a moment). Although D didn't notice, and I didn't say anything, I was secretly committing the moment to memory for when they are older. If the baby ever gets sad or feels too picked on by his older brother I can simply remind them of this moment. 

And it will be awesome. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment