Monday, February 24, 2014

Twice Baked

Dude, last night I made THESE.
They were actually really, REALLY good.
It's always tricky finding things on Pinterest because I never know how the food is really going to turn out, even though another person (whom I've never met) has raved about the recipe.
I will say I did add some Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning to them, and that really enhanced the flavor.
They were really good, but...
today I woke up with a wretched stomach ache and slept through majority of the morning (only to then wake up at the last minute for school pick up and find S blew out in his crib and needed a bath. Yay.)
Oh bacon, dairy, processed food with additives and nutrient starved starches, why must you taste so good to my pregnant tummy?
So back to clean eating today.
Or at least until tonight. Mr. Spin doesn't have class (hallelujah!) so he's taking me out on a date. 
Say, what?!
:)

On a side note, I made a recipe Saturday night and prepared WAY too much quinoa for it so I was left with 5 CUPS of cooked quinoa. 
Yea.
So I headed to Pinterest and found this recipe (and a whole bunch more but this is the only one I've tried yet).
I altered it slightly, keeping in the egg yokes and adding an extra egg, twice as much garlic, spinach, and way less cheese. Again, super good AND the kids and hubs liked them. 
So, added bonus. 
Served them with strawberries, blueberries, and sliced bananas. 
Mr. Spin even commented how great his stomach felt after.
If I can wake up we will have them again tomorrow. 
I've got to use up all this quinoa!

No-stinkin'-bueno.
Just a heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment