Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So THIS Is Love...

I just wanted to highlight a couple of things Mr. Spin has done lately that have either made me laugh or melt or...a little of both.

His most recent funny quote (fyi: it's not scandalous but if you get squeamish easily then skip the next three paragraphs) :

He came home from class the other day, talking about how he was having a hard time focusing. He's mentally checking out of classes now and this has basically become a run-the-clock type of situation; show up, get attendance points, go home.

Recanting the class period, he says to me, "Man, I just kept daydreaming about intercourse and foot rubs."

Sometimes I forget he's a 'guy.' But in those few moments when I'm reminded I just can't help but laugh.

For the more PG moments...

A few Sundays ago Baby Spin wanted to make a cake. He LOVES baking with me. Since we didn't have box mix (oh yes, I said it) we had to make it from scratch and I had never used this recipe before.

It turned out OK-ish.

We added some out-of-sight peanut butter frosting.

Well, the show stopping frosting bulldozed the flavor of the cake, and so only about half of it ended up getting eaten due to pure awesomeness of the frosting and total cruddiness of the cake.

After a few days of the cake sitting in the fridge, I was in bed for the night and Mr. Spin came in and snuggled up next to me. He proceeded to say the following-

"I hate to say this because I love your baking
but
that cake needs to go somewhere and die."

I couldn't stop laughing.

A few moments later I was giving him a hard time about something and just to be a stinker I pretended to already be asleep after one of my witty retorts so when he called my name seeking a response I stayed quiet and still. After calling my name twice, he abruptly followed the last call in a very teasingly playful voice, "You're so stupid!"

Burst out laughing. I couldn't stop. I totally blew my cover, but whatever.

So this is love.

Letting your wife eat the last leftover serving of fall-apart-meat pot roast and fresh mashed potatoes.

Love.

Singing "D's mom has got it goin' on" after your wife that's 7 months pregnant comes out wearing a recently purchased maternity bathing suit.

Love.

Slicing up an apple at 4 AM while your wife is fighting nausea (and ends up vomiting anyway because she came down with the stomach flu). Yes, it's true he couldn't help me in the bathroom because he can't stand vomit but he stood as close to me as he could manage and rubbed my back as he kept his other hand clamped over his nose and mouth.

Love.

A kiss on the forehead as he greeted me at school before picking up our munchkin.

Love.

SAPPY.

But I needed to write about something uplifting.

And he makes me smile.

:)

2 comments:

  1. "That cake needs to go somewhere and die"!!! Awesome! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love isn't sappy when it's written with honesty. These were hilarious and sweet. Glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete