Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Resolve

Well, I had a break down right in class right after I wrote that last post.

Can you guess what the class discussion was on?

Attachment in parenting
and
child sexual abuse.

I never stood a chance.

Normally, when I voluntarily discuss my experience I don't cry. In fact, I never do. But after viewing a video and everything that happened with Baby Spin I just couldn't help it and the tears came. Ugh.

Don't worry, I managed to throw in a joke or two. I just hope my classmates forgive me!

My professor attempted to allow me to briefly decompress after the class meeting, but I think she shortly realized I didn't really need it. She's the second professor I've had that has been genuinely amazed that I've been able to acquire a healthy life and healthy marriage. Is that something usually out of grasp, especially for someone "like me"?

Anyway, on a better note, or at least I'm really trying to make these 'better notes' and let these few rays of light shine in...

I got my two papers back that were both re-dues (one was redone THREE times). I got an A on the triple re-due, my first A of the semester for this class. The second was a B, but I knew it was crap going to turn it in.

Also, my biology professor is making more points readily available so as long as I get full points on the next homework assignment and get at least a 61% on the final I will pass and graduate.

Also, I just finished 1 of three term papers. (This one is due tomorrow.)

It's been good to have the tender mercies these past few days so that Mr. Spin and I could complete our term projects functioning off one computer and no baby sitter. Baby Spin fell asleep Monday at 10:30 AM for no reason and that allowed me to get some work done. He just walked into the bedroom, got under the covers, and went to sleep. I had axed Monday out of getting work done due to our schedules, so that extra time was a huge asset.

Likewise, Mr. Spin stayed up until 2 AM last night but actually completed his radio documentary. In one night. Done. I guess it's not impossible, but that was definitely improbable. It's another long day for him today, and I won't see him again until late tonight and tomorrow and Friday will be the same story, but at least we've made it thus far.

Hopefully we can keep pushing.

Thanks for all your comments. This blog was intended more to open up issues and discuss things that people either don't want to talk about or don't know about, but instead it seems it has served as a great source of venting and support for me.

So thanks for reading.

:)

PS: JUST got off the phone with Mr. Spin. No more late night and Friday's late night is looking like a possible cancel. These may seem like breadcrumbs, but to me it's just enough sustenance to carry us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment