Thursday, April 26, 2012

Some Good News

Well, I did get some sleep last night. So that was good.

I'm pretty sure that mood swing had less to do with stress and more to do with diet. I can usually talk myself out of things when I'm stressed, and yet I just couldn't kick the energy.

But today I realized that everyday since Friday I have continuously had sugar (mostly chocolate) in very rich desserts and very large quantities because of continuous birthday celebrations.

I think what jacked me up so bad yesterday were the four (yes, FOUR) Sprinkle's cupcakes Mr. Spin brought home as a belated birthday treat. 

We split all four of them yesterday.
*The seasonal S'mores one is KILLER!!!*

I knew my diet impacted my moods but gosh, no wonder I was so miserable in my teens and early twenties!

Anyway, today was a pretty good day. Baby Spin and I went out and did some things and although my back was hurting he had a blast and we had a great day of bonding. 

Things are looking up.

But speaking of my back...

My doctor can't refer me to a physical therapist because of my insurance so I am pretty much stuck. I have one hour left at my internship to finish my required course intern hours (you know, for the class I'm not even registered in) but interns are required to stay until the end of the semester regardless of whether or not they finish their hours. So that means three more weeks of being on my feet for a full day.

Well, I've been putting it off and putting it off and I finally emailed my site supervisor about the issue. She's a really great person, but I really didn't want any special treatment because of the pregnancy. However, I don't know if I can keep up with this anymore.

So I bit the bullet and emailed her. I figured I'm guaranteed a 'no' but I might get a 'yes.'

Thankfully, she emailed me back this morning told me I could just come for the staff meetings the next few weeks with no problem. 
SO RELIEVED.

Not only does this free up some rest and study time but it also gives me al little time for packing (light packing, of course).

Just 12 more weeks and I'll be able to walk pain free (granted they don't slice me open for delivery, in which case it will be a little longer.) 

Oh, just 2 more weeks of school and campus walking, which, by the way, hasn't kept the weight off like I had hoped...

So I guess the saying should change to:
'Lot's of pain, and still lot's of gain!'

No comments:

Post a Comment