Saturday, February 11, 2012

Strawberries

I love strawberries. I can't wait for strawberry season to get into super full swing.

You know the deep red, full berries made me realize something this morning at 4:24 AM...we're getting through this semester.

It's one of those moments where logically I understand, "Yes, I'm obviously getting through the semester. The days are going by and I still haven't quit." But the trick is that I'm not miserable. Sitting here, chomping on these fresh little red wonders I feel...light.

One of Mr. Spin's few complaints is that sometimes I do things that I let become a huge weight strapped to my neck. Yup, that sounds about right.

But not school, not this semester anyway.

Don't get me wrong, yesterday was a rough day. Throwing up breakfast, followed by a 40 minute walk to my internship, 6 hours of interning on my feet, then hitting the grocery store right after during the shopping rush, rushing home to make dinner to then meet up with a group for auditions/practice and finally come home and take off my shoes at 8:20 PM for the first time all day.

I think need to laugh more. I could use it. Couldn't you?

It's been said that if you laugh 15 minutes a day you'll loose 5 pounds in a year. Considering our rates of obesity in America, I wonder when we stopped laughing. Or why? I think we'll be putting on 'Accepted' tonight, just to burn a few extra calories.

5 weeks until break. I'm sure I'll be having a lot more berries between now and then. :)

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment