Monday, February 13, 2012

Counter Ballance

Last Saturday night was kind of cool. We went to Wal-Mart as a family and upon entering the store were approached by a homeless man whom I assumed was war veteran due to his missing limbs. He asked for some spare cash but Mr. Spin and I were both empty, so we offered to grab him some food from the McDonald's inside the store.

We let baby spin run around the store for about an hour and then finished up with buying 2 cheeseburgers and a hot chocolate from the in store McDonald's. I contemplated buying a coffee instead, but felt that since I choose not to drink coffee why should I encourage others to do so? So hot cocoa it was and we were off.

We found the man rolling around the parking lot and we took him his meal. Unfortunately, I didn't grab a straw and he needed one. So I went back inside and grabbed a hand full of straws and napkins for him. When I brought them to him, he asked if the drink was coffee and I re-assured him it was cocoa. He said he couldn't drink coffee anymore due to seizures, and I was sooooooooo glad that we had gotten him the cocoa instead.

We left and I felt pretty light about life and our situation.

Then today came...

Monday...

You know when those days hit that just start out with situations that make your stomach knot? Yeah, that was today. I had done some work that hadn't gotten electronically turned in and because of that I received a big zero for credit. So frustrating...and no, there is no forgiveness with this professor. 4th week of school and 25 points down the hole.

After that every little annoying mole hill grew in size-
5 dropped calls from Mr. Spin
My Valentine's cake project - HIDEOUS
Biology class (anything under the skin makes me want to vomit)
etc...

And then I thought, "What happened to this past weekend? Where did that go?" It's like it evaporated.

On a side note, we did watch part of 'Accepted' last night and I found myself with uncontrollable giggles in biology class today just thinking about the film. Good thing I started sitting in the back this semester...

Well, here's to a crummy Monday that's soon to end.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What are you doing trying to make a valentine's day cake you over-achiever? :) I hope your day gets better, and your semester turns out OK. WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing story!!! You are wonderful people. Period. And I still need to see that movie. Getting it soon.

    ReplyDelete