Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can You Find Your Greater Trochanter?

Mr. Spin and I were laying on the couch the other night and I wasn't particularly comfortable. I decided to inform him so.

Me: "Your medial malleolus is putting extensive anterior pressure on my tibial tuberosity."

Him: "Uh...."

Me: "Your ankle is digging into my shin."

Him: "Oh. Sorry. When again are taking your Biology test?"

Ok, so maaayyybeee he didn't ask when I was taking the test, but I bet he was thinking it. Thankfully I took it yesterday, so I no longer have to remember that my acetubulum is distal in comparison to my iliac chrest. :)

On another note...
Funny story:
Mr. Spin snuggled up to me in bed Valentine's morning and I realized he had something in his hand.

My thought?

Oh, crap.

We said to do nothing this year and like a good, obedient wife I did just that. Nothing. ;)

He wrapped his arm around me and a smile came to my face. As I saw the contents of his palm the most joyous feeling came upon me! I realized that in his loving, kind, gentle hand he held...
...
...
...
his cell phone.

Whew! That was a close one.

Valentine's was low key for us but it was far from uneventful. Baby spin and I went to a friend's house that morning for a little kiddo get-together where we made Mr. Spin a Valentine (and had some ridiculously good lemon muffins- and I HATE lemon!)

The monster was being, well, just that, so we left early and decided to go take Mr. Spin lunch at the t.v. station.

We walked.

As the ice was melting and the soda was spilling on me in one hand, while the water was sloshing all over the sandwiches in the other I thought to myself, "Keith Urban has it all wrong." I had just been listening to his 'Someday, Baby' song, and I had another moment when I remembered, "No, not someday. Today. I have it all today."

I wore the same thing every day last week. Mr. Spin has it on camera. A homecoming shirt on top and blue sweats on bottom. So I don't have a lot of clothes, especially clothes that fit, let alone maternity wear. So what?

I'm sure I look frumpy, and I bet I'm seen as one of those people that others think, "She could do so much more." Eh, that's not really my focus.

Nor is the long list of what people see in me that are the 'don't haves'. Let me add one last item to that list...
'Don't care.'

Here's to 5 more months of oversize club shirts and stretchy pants! Glad that Valentine's day was a day of appreciation for me this year. I love my life and I love me.

Go love yourself, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment