Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nailed It!

I'm sitting here typing while one monster is at school and the other one is enjoying the freedom of exploring EVERY toy in the house and not being harassed while doing it.

I got up, made pumpkin pancakes for the SECOND morning in a row, got the kiddo dressed, fed, hair done and teeth brushed and on to school. 
Now I'm at home soaking up time.
Why did I ever try and work again?

Yes, it was fun dressing up and doing make-up, it was fun putting on a 'face' every day and getting compliments about what I was wearing and how I looked, and financial comfort would be nice, but it didn't feel right. 

I tried to think it did.
I wanted to think it did.
But it didn't...and now it does.
HALLELUJAH!

So I sit, in old jeans, a $5 tee, running shoes and an old, beat up college sweat shirt with no make-up, day old hair, and my glasses on. 
And I feel at home! 

We've had family dinner together the last two nights.
Like, we actually SAT DOWN and ate. 
Not rushed.
Not freaking out.
AND...
we had family home evening.
(You can read about that here)
Yea, usually it's intended for Monday nights but for right now it works better for us to hold it on Wednesdays.

But anyway...

Regaurding my last post:
No nap is NOT HAPPENING! lol
I didn't even try. 
So we are still on the hunt for a schedule for homeschool activities.

Next week's game plan:
After school...
Nap
Park Play (depending on day)
Home for Free Play during dinner prep
School Activity while dinner is baking/cooking
Dinner
Church Story
Bath
Story Time
Bedtime

Maybe that will work?

*****

It's another long weekend for us...but it's ok.
Last night one kiddo said to me out of no where, "This is really good soup Mommy."
"Really?"
"Mm-hmm."
"I'm so glad you like it!"
*big smile*

AWESOME!
I made roasted red pepper and tomato soup from scratch for the first time.
(I LOVE my Vitamix!)
It turned out pretty good apparently.
But this is why I'm not worried for the ugly time crunches we are still having to face.
Things are good.
We are doing good.
Hooray for family success!!!
:)

Lastly, if anyone has any clothes they are intending to get rid of my church is holding a clothing drive THIS SATURDAY
where you can either donate clothes 
OR
if you have a need or know of anyone who has a need you can come take clothes.
We are trying to serve the immediate needs in our community.
The left over clothing will then be donated to Deseret Industries.
Leave a comment if you are interested.

Thanks, and have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment