Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2 Days Down

So the monster finished the second day today.

Well, let me back track to pick-up on the first day...

**********

My munchkin talked about EVERYTHING they did at school that day.
And the little crazy kid was actually singing on the way home (and the rest of the day) the songs that they had sung at school.
I was told about the panting, the specific colors, the Hokey Pokey, the 'Jumping Shoes' song, the snack, and got a great explanation of the picture was of our family.

We went home and took a rest on the couch.
I folded laundry.

A half hour later it was up and at 'em and school work time.
We did letter tracing and sounds and then watched Leap Frog to continue through the sounds of the alphabet. 

AWESOME!!

Then today was late start day and carpool.
I didn't get up AS early, a mistake I will not repeat again
(hooray for mistakes! lol)
and wouldn't you know it this kid PASSED out in the car on the way home.

We came home and had lunch and I insisted on some more nap time and holy cow 2 HOURS LATER...(yea, seriously!)
it was up time.
But GRUMPY mood.

We've got some adjusting to do.

So we cut some leaves and there were some emotional frustration moments but we got through it. 
Kid scissors are awful, by the way.
Then, I said 'screw it' and instead of doing school work we went to the park.
And then came home and played on the patio until Daddy got home.

This kid is nuts about gross motor, that's one thing we all share in common.
So I don't think today was a waste.
We spent it together.
And aside from the after-nap-grumps things have been running smoothly.
If the grumps continue we might need to look at what's being served for snack and maybe provide a substitute but we'll take that as it comes.

On another note...
I got our 'Grateful Tree' up! 
Too bad I didn't know it was a trend right now. 
Oh well.
I always thought it would be so insanely cool to have a huge fake tree in the common area of our house to decorate for each season; something made out of chicken wire and plaster of Paris. 

Since we don't own our property I settled for using some brown grocery bags I'd been squirreling away for craft projects and some green, yellow, red, and orange craft paper I bought a few months back for the leaves.
This thing extends to the top of the wall and then onto the ceiling a bit- it's so cool!

And I love how big it is because it's been a fantastic constant reminder.
I've been really concerned, especially in the last 24 hours, about our temporal needs.
Like, really.
And when I got on my computer to start spinning my wheels to "look for jobs" that tree was in my peripheral vision.
It's like it was speaking to me! Like that John Smith moment from 'Pocahontas'.
(You SO know what I'm talking about.)

tree: "W.H.A.T. are you DOING?"
me: "I know, I know, but you know what things look like!"
tree: "Hello!! WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?"
me: "Yea, but...I know. But....You're right. Ok, I'm good."
tree: "DARN RIGHT I'M RIGHT, I'M A TREE, IN YOUR HOUSE, THAT YOU MADE BECAUSE YOU HAD TIME BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T MENTALLY CHECKED OUT AND STRESSED THINKING ABOUT CAKES, PRICES, ORDERS, MARY KAY MARKETING, DEADLINES, AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU HAD TO DO WHILE TAKING CARE OF YOUR KIDS. Have faith. You're being a mom."
Thank you, Mr. Tree.
Or maybe it's a Mrs.? 
We haven't named it yet.
I wanted to, but my munchkin told me no.
I'm still going to name it.
:)

Actually, it's probably a female because this tree seems to tell it like it is. 

*It was Leo Buscaglia who said it best when he said, "The fact that people think I'm crazy gives me a lot of latitude to live my life." 
Obviously tonight I am taking my latitude and running with it!

Ok, enough with the jokes.
It's whole wheat pumpkin pancakes tomorrow with real maple syrup 
(somethings we just don't skimp on when it comes to health- i.e. low glycemic index natural, pure, Earth made sweetener in small amounts, of course).
And then after school it's park day, bible story work sheet, numbers, and math!

I think we'll forgo the nap and see how it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment