Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seeing Red

With everything going on I seldom think, "What do we do if something REALLY bad happens?". In fact, I never think about that anymore, largely because I'm so focused on the here and now I forget that I'm pregnant and things could go really bad, really fast.

Yesterday my brain was fried, again. So I sat and rested, watched 'Biggest Loser' and caught up over the phone with a few friends.

Finally, the time came when Mr. Spin got home and I could start crackin' the books again. I had been pretty productive already, and all I had left was to start writing a paper that is due on Wednesday.

Before getting down to the nitty gritty, I took a short bathroom break.

RED.

Seriously? Right now?! It's 7:00 PM, I want to be asleep in 2 hours, I still have a paper to write, and I just don't have time to deal with this!!!

Well, I called my doctor and after explaining everything the on-call physician gave me the choice to either come in and get checked or just wait it out. I waited it out. Of course. I sat there, trying really hard to not cry and freak out about how we just don't have any leeway in time to deal with extra things, like, oh, I don't know, emergencies.
(Looking back now I just have to laugh!)

Then today I already had the day planned and dreaded calling back the office this morning to check in with my doctor. I knew she would want me to come in, but I had no sitter and just no time! Ugh, but I still called.
And I waited...

...and waited...

...and waited...

Apparently she must not be worried because I never heard back from her. Whew!

Paper did not get completely written last night, which leaves me today to finish. Truthfully, I just want to blow it off!!!

But you know I won't. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Scary. Update, please.

    ps- we missed you at salad club dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear. are you ok? yeah you know life if crazy when there's not even time for emergencies!!

    ReplyDelete