Sunday, March 18, 2012

Just a Brat Setting a Tone for the Sabbath

Yesterday was a day.

You know the ones, when everything puts you in an even crappier mood than you were in before.

Thankfully, by the end of the night I was over the little things, including the nurse who criticized me for having another child while still in school. (Ok, well, mostly over it *smirk*).

I started going over the visiting teaching message in preparation for tomorrow and found a great scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants section 25 verse 10:

"And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better."

Perhaps that scripture didn't sink in as well as I guess God had intended, because at 4:30 this morning I was up with back pain, stressing over the next 10 weeks of school and subsequently the 4 week time frame after graduation that students wait for official graduation notification (making sure all the classes are completed and passed. Cruel, huh? lol). Basically my nightmare won't be over until June.

Unable to sleep, I got up and started digging around on the computer.

And then I found


on a blog.

(These people are A-MAZING.)

Then it finally hit me. HARD.
I have an end in sight.
This will end.
And SOON.
(Relatively speaking.)

And that's when I realized...

I'm such a brat. Like, spoil-ed.

I swear I'm one of those kids that Heavenly Father looks at and while shaking his head says, "Heather, Heather, Heather..."

I can remember a conversation with a friend a long while back and he commented that he wished the second coming of Christ would already happen. I think my exact words were, "NOOOO!!! I NEED EVERY SECOND I CAN GET!!!"

I'm glad I'm young because I still have a LOT to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment