Saturday, March 3, 2012

Never Underestimate the Power of Frozen Blueberries

I've been wanting to write about this since Thursday but I've been tired and trying to exert my energies to school work...which hasn't happened. So I guess I've just been procrastinating.

In my defense, it's more of an 'I'm so D-O-N-E with school work I just need a break' kind of procrastination as opposed to the 'I'm just being lazy' kind.

You know, because there IS a difference, after all. *grin*

But going back to Thursday...

Mr. Spin was still editing, so instead of him coming home to get us we were going to have to meet him on campus. I was really hoping to get a small nap in before my presentation, but with only 35 minutes to spare I was too scared that I just wouldn't wake up.

So I went to 'Plan B.'

I turned on Pandora (my new found love) and selected our relaxation station. My back has been unkind (my saccrum and coxal bones, to be exact) and so I heated up a rice bag to place under my lower back. I propped my knees up and situated some pillows so that I wasn't flat on my back but more in a reclining position.

Relaxing music: check.

Comfortable position: check.

Penetrating heat: check.

Sounds amazing, right? Well, that's not all!
The last remaining piece to my decompressing equation was...

a bag of frozen blueberries placed directly under my neck at the base of my skull.

Oh.

My.

Heaven.

10 minutes later my alarm went off, screaming at me. I got up, got my munchkin ready and I realized something- I felt AMAZING!! I was so stressed to begin with that when I first laid on the couch my breathing was labor some and I was having trouble controlling it. After the heat and ice I felt like a new woman!!! It was great.

I'm still behind on homework and no, I didn't make it out with my gal pals tonight. Today was full of my kid trying to cross over to the other side, literally. The kid started the morning falling into the pool, then while shopping for Mr. Spin's broadcasting wardrobe our kiddo darted out of the store INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT, and finally this evening while playing with Mr. Spin our munchkin got a fat goose egg and bruise courtesy of the kitchen table.

Oh, it has been a day, but at least I know how to unwind!
Any readers have any unwinding tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment