Monday, October 14, 2013

Disaster Struck...For The Better

Things have been interesting.
We've been working out the kinks in our daily schedule that I posted previously- I'm learning that there is no way in crazyville my kid is going to sit through activity after activity in the afternoon. Currently the crazy one is passed out on the couch, just to prove my point.
So we start either right before breakfast or right after, depending if I'm making something or the hubs is, and we lump two activities together (usually letter tracing and writing and a church story).
This past week we've been doing The Creation in Genisis. It's going pretty well. 

Well, let me back up. 
I was crazy mom. 
And my expectations were TOO high.
And then Friday morning I got hit with the MEANEST food poisoning ever. I have never been that sick in my life. 
EVER.
But it FORCED ME to lay around all day (or rather, on the floor all day) and just take care of the minimal things and my oldest had to help out quite a bit. 
No school.
No chores.
Nada.

Since then I have been more patient, more soft spoken, more temperate, more compassionate, and just a better mom.
Not that I'm amazing but I was sucking before. 
Seriously. 
So any progress is progress, right?

The kiddos have felt the shift and are surprisingly responding rather quickly. 
There's no more shouting.
No more excessive aggressiveness.
My word is LAW (again). <----So nice to have that one back.
It's fantastic!!

But today is Monday...so I hope I can keep it going through the week.

Today is also one of my kid's birthdays! It's so exciting!
We took lunch to the hubs at work today and ate with him. I have to work tonight though so he gets to watch 'Finding Nemo' with some friends.
And we're having a party this weekend. 
I haven't planned a thing.
But my kid and I have a better relationship.
So I dont' care about a 'party'.
There's love in our home again finally and that's what really matters...so yes, Saturday will be a sideshow of crazy but whatever- that's what memories are made of!

Also...
Since the food poisoning I finally man-upped and decided it was past time to get back to our old, healthier lifestyle of eating.
We usually eat a 'plant-strong' diet but got away from that with the insanity of everything over the last year and a half.
I went to the bookstore on Saturday and picked up a few books that have recently just been released by some of my favorite people that are the trail-blazers for a healthy and more pain free life. 
Here's Rip 
and here's Dr. Fuhrman

Today is day one. 
In a week I'm looking forward to added energy and no swelling in my hands/knees/toes when I wake in the morning.
Also no achy joints (especially my hands, seriously?!) or bloated heaviness in my stomach. 
I also can't stand how it takes a good 5-10 minutes upon waking to gain full strength in my hand grip. It's redculous. 
I'm so glad I am finally gearing up!
Triathlon training will commence after this week- I still have to recover from the food poisoning. Hopefully I'll have more energy for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment