Saturday, July 27, 2013

This Week Recap...

Wow, this stuff can run away with you.
Like,
dang...

So I started doing Mary Kay totally committed to making one meeting a week. I was going to take it slow. Ease into things...
yea.

Tuesday I had the weekly MK meeting/class to train and also invite clients to for a hands on skin care demonstration. My sister-in-law agreed to come AND she CAME. I'm learning it's one thing to get a commitment, it's another to actually have clients show up (since life gets in the way). So that was exciting.

Then Thursday morning I had my first color consultation scheduled with...my mom. 
Hey, don't laugh! Your mom wears make-up too I bet!
Anyway, she pushed hers back an hour so my sister-in-law thought she'd jump on the band wagon and treated herself to a color consultation. Then my mom came in after her.
TWO COLOR CONSULTATIONS BACK TO BACK! I know, I know, it's family but still for my first time I was a little proud. 
:)
And I also made my first sale that day, too! 
And since I'm being totally open....it was a lip gloss.
HEY! A sale is a sale. I will take it. And I got over that hump of making the first sale so it's all down hill from here, right? lol

Then Friday I went to observe a street fair where my director has a booth that I, along with another consultant, will be running next week. Funny story about that actually...
I try and look well put together when I'm working, we all do, so I wore grey heels, a black fitted skirt, a nice blouse and necklace. I walk up while on the phone with my director because I was a little lost and I saw her for the first time ever not only in pants but in jeans and a t-shirt (Mary Kay, of course). I'm pretty sure I stopped mid-sentence over the phone and said, "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME I COULD WEAR JEANS!!"
Oops.

Keep in mind my director and I have known each other since we were in elementary school so instead of feeling disrespected she rather much enjoyed my candid commentary. :) I spent an hour at the street fair and came home.

This week: 3 days of work plus I set a date for the Grand Opening and I ordered business cards. That was a little freaky. I've NEVER wanted to own my own business.
NEVER.

So consider yourself lucky, if this doesn't work you get to watch the fireworks first hand. ;)

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment