Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mary Kay And A New Direction

It's been a little over a year...and I've lacked direction.

I have two kids now, a husband in grad school, lots of volunteer positions....
and yet I lack direction.
LOL

Lucky for me I found it.

It's like that line from 'The Land Before Time' when the young dinosaurs happen upon a tree star forest and they think it's The Great Valley. Sara, the Triceratops start singing, "I fo-ound it!". 

Two words:
MARY KAY

I can't believe I'm a consultant. I signed up a week and a half ago. Up until this point I've been pretty terrified. I don't wear a lot of make-up and what I do have should have been thrown out ages ago. 

I have no clue what I'm doing.

But that's ok. I'm taking baby steps. And I'm comfortable with that.

Tonight was my second meeting. Last week was my first meeting to bring clients to in which my mother and sister-in-law came to. Tonight my other sister-in-law came. She's not super social but she said she had fun at least. That was a relief. I'm glad I have family around to practice on! My husband keeps asking me about the men's line...maybe he'll come with me to the next make-over meeting?

New things coming. Haven't made a sale yet or recruited anyone; I'm waiting for my grand opening party next month to sell. I wasn't really excited about having to throw a Mary Kay party (required as a new consultant) but after I started reading Mary Kay's autobiography I'm finding that I'm learning much more about life in general than I thought I would from reading a little book about a retired woman who drove a pink Cadillac. 

It's going to be an adventure. 
I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm going to do it anyway.
:)

Stay tuned for my first color consultation on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment