Tuesday, May 15, 2012

No Intiendo

I really thought things were getting better.

Last Thursday I sort of/kind of set up an outing for all of the students and out professor from our senior seminar course. We went out to a bar/restaurant right after class and hung out on the patio for almost two hours, recapping the semester and talking about our lives and future plans. We've all gotten so close over the semester it was a great way to say 'goodbye'.

Then Friday rolled around and it was another good day. I had stayed up until midnight the two nights previous to Friday morning making lifesaver necklaces for all of Baby Spin's teachers at school with our family picture attached and a note that said their name and a message:

'Because you were a lifesaver. Thanks for making our graduation possible.'

Well Friday morning was spent delivering those to all of the rooms Baby Spin had been enrolled in and that I had interned in. 

After that I came home and vacuumed, did several loads of dishes, cleaned the bathroom, reorganized our place and actually put things where they go, worked on a few assignments, and even managed to paint my finger and toe nails.

Then it was time for my last staff meeting.

This was a good meeting. It was an ice cream social where the graduating staff and interns were recognized. We were all asked what our future plans were and for me, it was hard to speak with out tears welling up. My future plans after graduation

I'm graduating?! 
Yes, and all because of the amazing staff at this childcare program. Whether it's today or 100 years from now there will never be the words to express my gratitude for these people. (I've never really understood the impact behind cliche statements like that until now.)

Then it was time for my semester review which went fine. Following that I met with the practicum coordinator for my department to try and clear up this course enrollment mess. She gave me some hope. She informed me that the academic advisor I had originally met with was ultimately the one who would sign off on the paperwork once it was processed and since she knew the problem everything should work out.

Should. I hope.

That night Mr. Spin had an awards banquet where he got a scholarship (which rocked). It was pretty cool. I was jealous. :)

Sunday was a great Mother's Day. Mr. Spin made a fruit tray and overnight blueberry french toast for breakfast and then crepes for dinner. We even had family drop in from NY at the last minute (we had 5 hours notice) and stay the night. It was a group of guys around 23 years old and it just gave me insight into what our family of all boys is going to be like 20 years from now. I liked it.

Well, it seemed like things were looking up.

Until I picked up Baby Spin from school yesterday.

His teachers informed me that he had bit himself in the hand and had hit himself in the face several times...

WHAT??!?

Five hours later you could still see two half crescent pressure marks in his right hand.

They suggested it was probably him feeling the stress from finals but...I'm not stressed. I've been far more stressed during the semester than right now.

But I guess Mr. Spin is reeeeaaallllyyyyy stressed. He hasn't had the time for Baby Spin lately, either. When we dropped our kiddo off last week at school (just one random day) he paraded around the room with Mr. Spin before we left saying, "This is my daddy, this is my daddy..." to all his friends and teachers. 

That made me so sad. 

He misses him so much.

Thursday morning and it will be over...sort of.

Then family comes in. 

Then we move.

Then I'm due.

I hope he gets daddy time. I hope he can get through this unscathed. I hope we get settled into our own place soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment